Sunday, September 28, 2008

It has been so long!

I know it has been such a long time since we have posted anything! The last few weeks have been busy, but full of many blessings. Three Sundays ago, we lost power due to Hurricane Ike. We were without power until the following Friday. It was a quite a pain to go without electricity, but we seemed to manage okay. The main problem for me, was the food. I had bought groceries for Reed, for when I was gone to OR and I didn't want it all to go bad. Luckily Rachel and Darin were not that far away and they had power most of the time. They took care of all of our frozen foods for us.
On the 18th, I left for a trip to Oregon. I had such a great time! It was hard to leave Reed, but I was able to see friends I hadn't seen since our wedding! I also got to see my niece, Claire!
During my trip, I decided to rent a car and go up to Washington for two days. While there, I was able to see some of my closest friends! It was so wonderful! The drive wasn't very much fun, however. I had forgotten how much I hated that drive! Luckily I didn't hit too bad of traffic each way. We also had a party for Claire's 1st birthday, while I was there. It was so nice to see everyone! Emily did an amazing job decorating my parents' place.

I have posted a few pictures of people I saw. Of course, I forgot I had my camera with me most of the time and didn't take a lot of pictures.


I know, I couldn't get it to rotate!

































Oh, I cut my hair, too! I needed a change!
I came back from my trip Saturday evening. It was so nice to see my hubby again. Although Reed had several people having him over for dinner and taking care of him, I think he missed me too.
So, we begin another week. We close on our house this Tuesday at 10 am! We are very excited! If all goes well, we'll take possession on Sunday and start to move in. It seems like this process has taken quite a while, but it should be well worth it!

4 comments:

Sasha said...

so good to see you post, I check everyone's blogs nearly every day ... so I'm always bummed when it's a while between posts - lol! so great you got to visit your family and friends! God bless

Trishamoongirl said...

Hey, hope this week goes well for you guys! How exciting your first home! Thanks for visiting me and enjoying my "everyday" life moments. Kids, I tell ya. Anyway it was good to hang out for a bit, can't wait to see you again, or atleast hear from you on this blog!

Brandy said...

Gosh, you and Em both cut your hair! I love it! It's very curly when it's short.
Glad you had a good time with your family and I'm sure Reed was happy to have you home. :D

kharv said...

Nice post! It was so wonderful to have you home. You will have to get me a copy of your pictures. I love you.