Friday, October 31, 2008

Beautiful Fall Day!

Today was such a beautiful day! It ended up being about 70 degrees outside with no clouds in the sky! I love looking at the trees this time of year! They are so beautiful! We have such an incredibly creative God! He never ceases to amaze me!

Reed and I decided to take a bike ride on a trail right by our house that goes along Alum Creek. The trail goes all the way through Westerville, where we live.






We saw this little snake along the road, and snapped a picture before it headed into the woods.



We were not sure what this was, but saw it on our way home, along the trail.

After our little outing, we came home and washed our cars. It was perfect weather! It's so nice to have a garage and driveway now! No more parking in a parking lot next to a condo or apartment complex!
We then headed to the store to pick up some last minute candy for trick or treaters. We bought the full size candy bars, since we probably won't get many kids. Hopefully we'll get a few though! Not likely though, since it is already after 8:00 p.m. here. I guess Reed and I will have to eat them! We bought a box of candy bars at Costco last year and went over to Emily and Travis' place. We didn't have any trick or treaters then either! Last year the candy bars lasted us till Spring!

After our trip to the store, we had homemade creamy chicken noodle soup that I cooked all day in a slow cooker. It was sooooo good and perfect for our beautiful fall day!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh those pics still make my heart hurt for fall.
I'm so sick of this state, it's still in the 90's here.

Emily said...

Looks like a great day! I want your soup recipe!

Sasha said...

what a beautiful place for bike riding!