Monday, October 27, 2008

Trunk or Treat!















Last night was Trunk or Treat at Beechwold Christian Church! We had a blast! It was so great to see people get together and have so much fun! We also had games, a devo and a chili cook-off! We were so lucky it didn't rain. The weather ended up being perfect. I was all prepared for it to be freezing, but it really wasn't. I had even packed my gloves and hand warmers, just in case I would need them.
We had a little over 200 people at our fun little event, including a few families from the community. We love our new church family!
This year Reed and I decided to go as bacon and a fried egg. Reed decorated his car as a toaster, as well. We were in the running for the best car decor, until they found out it was Reed's car. I guess the guy throwing the event, isn't suppose to win! Oh, well. We still had a lot of fun. Some of the trunks and costumes were amazing. It makes me wish we had put more time into ours. Luckily I have a whole year to get ready for our next Trunk or Treat!

Chase Mauger, son of our exec. pastor. They decorated their trunk with pinatas for kids to break, which were full of candy.

A few of my favorite costumes. . .

Transformer. . . although he wasn't sure what he transformed into.

Annakin, I think

Super hero and angel, I guess. . .

The Great Pumpkin

Chew Bacca! He was my favorite. I only got his picture going into a tunnel, in our relay race game, though. He was adorable. His brother was Darth Vader.

Dean Ringle, our county engineer, decided to have a propaganda car and handed out maps. He dressed up like a politician. Kinda funny! If I was a kid, I would feel jipped! No candy!


More fun cars



Runner Up

Winner

Reed announcing the winners of trunks and chili



4 comments:

Brandy said...

All of those pictures are fantastic! You and Reed are funny.

Trishamoongirl said...

That looks like fun! I love your creative Idea of a toaster for the PT!

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun. Love the car Reed! You guys looks so happy. Thanks for the updates. Love you both and miss you lots!

Sasha said...

what a fun idea with the cars - and some very creative ones too - love the runner up and winner - those are awesome! looks like a lot of fun! God bless