Saturday, November 1, 2008

Audrey's Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup!

Emily asked for the recipe I used for the chicken soup I made yesterday, so I thought I would just post it. It was SOOOO good! I used Sandra Lee's recipe and just changed a few things to make it better and more Audrey style! I love taking recipes and changing them out to make them healthier, or just plain yummier. Here it is:



2 frozen chicken breasts (I boiled them in water for 15 minutes and then shredded them)
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrot
4 (14-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth (I like Swanson's the best. You could always use bouillon cubes and water too)
1 (10.75-ounce) can
98 % fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75-ounce) can 98 % fat free condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper
2 Cups Amish Country Old Fashioned Noodles, cooked (You could also use egg noodles)

Put the chicken into a slow cooker along with the onions, celery, and carrots. Stir in broth, mushroom and chicken soups, and poultry seasoning, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.

When soup is finished, stir in cooked noodles. Adjust seasonings and serve.


It made a ton of soup! It is suppose to serve 8.

2 comments:

Sasha said...

mmmm - that sounds super yummy! I might have to try out your recipe this week for all of us - thanks for sharing!

Trishamoongirl said...

yumm! Thanks, I am going to try it out for dinner tomorrow! Hopin' its all rainy for my soup cookin' day!
Got any more for us?