Sunday, January 11, 2009

Long time

Well, it has been almost a month since we blogged on here, and so I decided to get on and chat about what has been happening. Audrey finally gave me the password, so I am able to give my second post ever on our blog;). Anyway, here's what's been happening since our last blog:
We celebrated Christmas with my sister and brother-in-law and their kids on the 22nd and had a great time. We got the kids a couple presents for fun, and they were quite the hit! Kaireia enjoyed putting wall stickers up (guaranteed not to wreck the paint), Kardia loved strutting around in her plastic high heels, and the best gift was Neidon's Spiderman punching bag! Audrey inflated it before she wrapped it, so he was able to attack it right out of the wrapping. He pretty much wrestled that thing all evening! The fact that they loved the presents made our day, definitely.
On Christmas Eve, Audrey and I flew to Oregon to spend some time with my in-laws. The weather had been terrible in the Northwest, so we weren't sure we would make it. We got there just fine, though. When we went to get our luggage in the Portland airport, the luggage claim area was covered in suitcases from people who had been delayed and stuck elsewhere while their bags came on. We felt very blessed we had made it ok, and sorry for everyone who hadn't.
We had a really great Christmas with the family, and loved our 9 days visiting everyone. We got to really soak in the time with family that we don't get to see nearly enough. Audrey's parents really took care of us and loved on us while we were up there. They even got us a Garmin GPS for Christmas! We are really going to like having that, and maybe it will keep me from getting lost which makes me grouchy:).
It always takes a bit to get back into the swing of things getting back from vacation, but having a job I enjoy definitely made it easier. We were doing pretty well on starting to get into working out again until our treadmill tread broke a few days ago. Because of the cold and snow outside we keep saying we'll run around the inside of the house, but we don't. That laziness was made much easier by the fact that Audrey wasn't feeling good much of the week, so we at least have some excuse.
Anyway, that pretty much catches you up to our life and all of our excitement to this point. I would have put some pictures up but Audrey won't let me touch the camera anymore either:).
Guess that's all...although before I get off for another 5 months I could tell you my new craze. Lately I am into hats. Not collecting them, but getting a few quality ones. I have never been a hat guy at all (at ALL) but I know I am going bald and getting closer all the time. I am guessing it will be bad enough that I'llbe shaving it within 5 years. Well, a bald guy needs to protect his dome because he doesn't have hair to do that. I bought a couple beanies (skull caps, stocking caps, whatever you call them) a couple weeks before Christmas for cold weather. Then about a week after that I found a nice, fitted baseball cap on sale and got that. Lastly, I just bought a fedora (if you don't know what that is, google it) because I needed a dressier hat (it's a nice, trendier one and not an old guy one). So, that's my hat tale. I am done buying hats and will now wear these for years until they rot off my balding scalp:).
Ok, this is really long and I'm done. Maybe if I'm good Audrey will take some pictures of my hats on me and put them up next time she posts. So you can cross your fingers for that.
Later, everyone!!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh El Presidente, you should blog more often. :)
Glad you had a great hoilday!

grandmapoochie said...

Glad to read your blog. Sure enjoyed having some time with you. It was fun to share my pictures (of young Audrey)when you were here. I'm so glad you two found each other. It was God's plan, I am convinced! Can't wait to see the "HAT" pictures!