Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trunk or Treat 2009!

Sunday was our annual Trunk or Treat event at the church. This year we had over 250 people and more decorated trunks than we have ever had. We had beautiful weather and had a lot of fun! This year I dressed up as an oven with a "bun" in it and Reed dressed up like a baker. The costumes were quite the hit. Reed did a great job decorating my oven costume. We had many people with excellent costumes and decorated cars. Here are a few photos from the event.

Our Costumes.

Stacey, Reed and Kim (the Trunk judges)

Before the event actually got going.

Reed giving a devotional to the kids.

Some of the trunks. . .






Trunk winners



Kaireia all dressed up

Alisha and Avery from our small group

When the kids were out Trunk or Treating

Of course there were many more cars decorated. We had a chili contest too, which provided a yummy meal, perfect for fall. And lots of games for the kids! In all, it was a great event. I love that it is something where even the older people from our church can participate and come out with their decorated cars and chili recipes. I can't wait till next year when I get to have Anna all dressed up!

5 comments:

kharv said...

I love your costume, very cute! You guys are doing a great job. Glad it was such a success!

Trishamoongirl said...

Fun!! I was waiting for the Trunk or Treat blog to see it all! So, you guys didn't do your own car though? Your costumes were perfect!! Love it!

Our growing family said...

oh my goodness-your costumes are awesome!!!!!! great job!!!

Brandy said...

Your costumes were seriously GREAT! I loved the mouth trunk with the M&M's.
Miss you guys!

Sasha said...

I love that idea ... I have only heard of these "trunk or treats" last year, but never been to one - seems pretty fun!