Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowed in!

Friday we had a pretty bad snow storm that brought in over 9.5 inches of snow. We also lost our power Friday night until about 11 am on Saturday, which made for a really chilly night! We had Anna in our bed to try to keep her warm, which meant that none of us really got much sleep. Luckily we didn't have any weekend plans, so we were able to stay warm and cozy once the power came back on. We are predicted to have another storm come in tonight and stay through Wednesday bringing around another 8 inches. I am not looking forward to it!

This is a picture of Anna all cozy in an outfit from her cousin Claire.

Anna has been pretty colicky lately, especially in the evenings. It's extra rough on daddy, since it is during most of the time when he is at home. He does a great job of calming her down though.


On Friday, I also started to feel sick, like I had the flu. It continued to get worse on Saturday till I could hardly move. I felt like I had been hit by a train and was running a temp. with the worst headache ever! Apparently I had developed a breast infection that was causing my body to go crazy. Reed did a great job of taking care of me and Anna, while I was sick. My fever broke the next morning and I gradually started to feel better. Anna and I missed church on Sunday because I was still recovering. Monday I woke up feeling pretty good, grateful that I was able to avoid going on antibiotics.

Because I was feeling better and because the next few days will be rough outside, Anna and I did some running around outside today. Anna got all dressed up in some of her cute Old Navy Clothes that I got for under $2 each.
Her photo shoot left her too tired to keep her eyes open. She ended up sleeping for five hours straight. I guess being so cute is exhausting!

4 comments:

Phil said...

Sorry you've had such a rough time - glad Audrey is feeling better - Anna is so cute - love you guys.

kharv said...

Anna is so adorable and I so appreciate getting to see her cute pictures. Reed is so great at helping her to feel better. Stay safe during the storm and keep us posted on how you are doing. (Oregon was sunny and sweet today.)

Welch's said...

Sorry you got sick. I had 3 breast infections and they were definitely in my top 5 times of feeling the worse I ever have. No fun! Cute cute baby! I can't wait to meet her!

CindyAdams said...

Love that sweet little Anna! Thanks for sharing the cute photos. Sure hope your power doesn't go out in this new storm. Love you all!